Sunday, May 24, 2009

Summer... So Many Possibilities

When I was younger summer was all about me having fun, and doing what I wanted. That was before high school, then during high school things changed I started going places for the summer. I worked at camps, and got involved. The last three summers have been the most involved. The summer of 2006 I worked at a Bible camp in Maryland, I was in the kitchen, I had responsibilities and I had commitments. I did the same thing the next year, and then last summer (2008) I went to San Diego on a summer mission trip called Summer Project. What I've noticed is that by going to do these things during the summers, I haven't really experienced what it's like to have a real life during the summers. I don't know what to do with myself, I don't know what I'm supposed to do besides get a job.

I know that I *want* to do things, be responsible, get into a routine, help my family, spend time with my family, connect with friends, but for some reason I'm still in that mode of "taking a break". I've been sleeping in, being lazy during the days, and not really helping out. I want things to change, and I know that to do this it will take a certain amount of responsibility, and even some organization.

I'm going to make a list of the things I want to do this summer so that I can reflect on it later.
-Work at my job/jobs
-Help out at Kaio with drums and such
-Connect with people
-Get chores done a.k.a. help out at home with mi familia
-Practice drumming
-Get a new phone
-Start running =)
-Start reading my Bible everyday.

So basically my time this summer will be devoted to figuring out how to not waste my time this summer.

Well that's all I'm gonna say for now.
Here's a cool website you should go to by the way...

http://www.drumchannel.com/entertainment/39296.aspx

It's some cool drumming stuff.

Tenga una buena semana!

No comments:

Post a Comment